Monday, August 9, 2010

Merci!

Hello! Bonjour!  Dana here with a card and a few tips I hope you will enjoy. 
I started with this gorgeous (if I do say so myself) handmade shabby paper flower!  Yep, I made that flower myself!  Do I have any of you saying "HOW?" right now?  Well I can't take credit for the how but I can link you up!  You'll want to start with a terrific FREE cut file from Kelleigh Ratzlaff Designs.  Once I had my flower ready I looked to Want 2 Scrap swirl bling in black as a chic and glittery flower stem.  TIP: Since bling comes on clear acetate sheets, it is easy to hold your bling over your project to see how it will look without worry of the bling accidentally sticking before you are ready.  A simple trick but SOOOO handy!
Another neat trick with acetate...stamping acetate (even a scrap that used to back my swirl bling as seen here) with Staz on allows you a wonderful freedom to layer in elements that would be near impossible to stamp clearly over the multiple surfaces I have above.  I was able to add this cute Eiffel Tower stamp from Stampin Up AFTER I had attached all of the other card elements.  In other words, I was caught in a "this needs something" moment and the Staz On on acetate technique saved my day!  I adhered the acetate piece with crystal effects.

Thanks so much for coming by today...or should I say "merci"?! 

4 comments:

  1. Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! This is GORGEOUS Dana!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee that flower!! Thanks for the link to the how to! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm drooling all over that flower so much I had to make my own!!! And LOVE that you stamped the acetate packaging...what a GREAT idea! It just looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover