Monday, June 11, 2012

Old Time Tricycle Silhouette: Father's Day (Nina)

Hello, friends! It Nina here on the Want2Scrap blog again and my card today is something that is new to me. It's one of a series of 4 cards using the same Want2Scrap Silhouette - Old Time Tricycle. I love this vintage shape and I utilized it here as a stencil on a Prima patterned paper using spray inks. I used the GlueGlider PRO+ MultiDirectional Cartridge Refill - Repositionable to attach the silhouette to keep it in place before I sprayed. The result adds such a dramatic flair with the ink spatters, but still manages to preserve the lovely tricycle shape.
W2S Card4
I distressed the edges and stitched the panel in place. The sentiment is from The Craft's Meow's Mother and Father stamp set  I added another ripped strip of Prima paper. I then cut a strip of Want2Scrap ATC in Canvas (3-Pack), folded them in random places and stapled it in place. A button stringed with burlap twine is all the embellishment it needs for this masculine card.
W2S Card4det
I have to admit that I was a little scared using the spray inks, but now I can't stop :). I'll be sharing the other 3 cards in the series in the next few weeks. Have a great day!

Want2Scrap products used:

Cross Promo Products used:

Come visit me on my blog, Crafting in Croatia.

2 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Nina - how inspirational you are - I definitely have to get out the sprays! I love the way you have used the bicycle as a stencil - divine - and that canvas - it is a great touch! Love this Nina! {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK....now this is stunning! :)

    Hugs,
    True :D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover