Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Altered Fun and a Tutorial!


As usual I was thinking ahead...some birthdays coming up for my fantastic nieces. I try to make something homemade for them each year. So here we go...

I did a little tutorial using Sakura Crystal Lacquer and  Terri Sprouls Mixer's. I altered this pressed paper A that I found at the dollar spot in Target. 

This is for my dear niece Adrienne. Here are a few details...


and a little bit more...


This is a super cute and really easy embellishment to make. Use an empty bottle cap. 


By mixing both the 3D Crystal Lacquer and Terri Sprouls Mixer you can get a great look.


This is so easy, after mixing them I then used a popsicle stick to spoon the mixture into the bottle cap. I also used a little of the left over mixture to paint on the edges for a little pop!


Now I added my letter A and sprinkled a little glitter and a few micro beads for some added details.


I let it sit over night to harden and it really is a fun and unique embellishment! 

One of my other nieces birthday's is coming up and I made her a embellished tin that I plan on putting a gift card in.


Do yo love that sheen that the Crystal Lacquer adds to the project...and it hold everything.


Those micro beads will not fall off for anything!

I hope this makes you want to dig in and create some fun projects for someone you love!


Want2Scrap Products:

Cross Promotional Products:

Other Products:
Pattern Paper - Websters Pages, October Afternoon, My Minds Eye
Other - Bottle Cap
Letter A - Target Dollar Spot
Micro Beads - Martha Stewart
Punch - Fiskers
Ink - Staz On
Rub-ons - Kaiser Craft
Paint - Liquitex

1 comment:

  1. Mimi, love both projects, love the colors in the "A". I am sure your niece will just love that. Let's see what you can do with a "T"..hint hint. Hugs Terre

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover