Sunday, January 27, 2013

Canvas Project: Take the Time 2 Create


It's a New Year's Resolution for a lot of us.
Make time to create.
I need the reminder.

You too, can make a SIMPLE canvas.

I created this SUPER simple canvas.
by using a piece of balsa wood.

I decoupaged some napkins onto the board.
 I added a coat of paint, and created a whitewash finish by
dry brushing some Gesso.

I sanded and inked around the edges with 
I added some Tissue Tape,
a transparency,
a beautiful chevron border,
some words and hardware...
a few buttons,
some bulk LOOSE bling, and 
and the title...

The Fancy chipboard title Create was painted with Gesso and 
coated with Medium and then
dusted with Fairy Dust from our preferred partner, Clearsnap.


VOILA...

Take the time 2 Create...



Supplies:

Want2Scrap™ Products Used: 


        



Preferred Partner Products Used:

Clearsnap - Fairy Dust Glitter by Donna SalazarMix'd Media Inx® by Donna Salazar 


Additional Products Used:

Buttons - Buttons Galore and More, Hardware and Tissue Tape - Tim Holtz, Trim - BoBunny and Close to My Heart, Letters - Paper Studio, Paint - Gesso and Medium - Ranger Ink, Transparency - Heidi Swapp

DID YOU NOTICE the loose BLING???

Want2Scrap's wonderful BLING is now available in bulk! The possibilities are ... well ... ENDLESS.

Thanks for stopping by today. Make time 2 create.

See more of my Mixed Media creations in my gallery at Larkspurs on Saturday.






5 comments:

  1. I think I have the same transparencies from Heidi Swapp...I may have to scraplift this idea, but maybe make a real clock! I need one for my scrap area. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Susie! Let me know how it turns out. I have a clock I'm working on for next month. :)
    Kind regards,
    Allie

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sentiment is MIGHTY and so is your talent! WHAT a fun piece and INSPIRING use of Want2Scrap products! Can't wait to get my hands on the new PRODUCTS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cool and what a great idea Susie has to make a real working clock like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a wonderful and inspirational work of art, Allie! I have yet to work on a canvas, but you have encouraged me to do so. I love the unexpected mix of supplies you have brought together...brilliantly composed!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover